From: Han on
ROM 2.15 on the HP50G -- set an alarm with a normal error message, and
it hangs the emulator. Does anyone else have this behavior, or is it
just my settings?
From: Andreas Möller on
Hello,

same here. I used a "Normal String" as a message.
Emulator hangs, real machine works fine. Both with ROM 2.15.

Regards,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

From: John H Meyers on
On 6/3/2010 11:39 AM, Han wrote:

> ROM 2.15 on the HP50G -- set an alarm with a normal error message, and
> it hangs the emulator. Does anyone else have this behavior, or is it
> just my settings?

Which emulator?

Bad "beep" patch?

IIRC, the location for the "beep" patch
(to cause calc beeps to be diverted
from non-existent physical hardware to Windows)
may be version-dependent.

[r->] [OFF]
From: Han on
On Jun 3, 4:52 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 6/3/2010 11:39 AM, Han wrote:
>
> > ROM 2.15 on the HP50G -- set an alarm with a normal error message, and
> > it hangs the emulator.  Does anyone else have this behavior, or is it
> > just my settings?
>
> Which emulator?
>
> Bad "beep" patch?
>
> IIRC, the location for the "beep" patch
> (to cause calc beeps to be diverted
> from non-existent physical hardware to Windows)
> may be version-dependent.
>
> [r->] [OFF]

Is there a workaround? I'm using whatever comes with the default
Debug4x installation. I see BEEP.* files -- should I just delete/
rename them?
From: John H Meyers on
On 6/4/2010 9:10 PM, Han wrote:

> I see BEEP.* files -- should I just delete/rename them?

Try getting them out of the way,
see whether this results in no more hangs, although also no beeps.

[r->] [OFF]