From: Christian Weiske on
Hi Alexey,

> > I am trying to use HTML_QuickForm2_Renderer_Array to build form
> > with a pretty customized layout. Now I wanted to put the element
> > html in the template but failed a bit because the elements array
> > is indexed with numbers - but in my template, I don't want to
> > iterate over the elements array to look for the one with the
> > correct ID. Why did you use a number as key and not the element ID?
>
> Well, Array renderer is mostly a direct port of Array renderer from
> QuickForm 3.x, which is used in iteration scenario (see its example
> in QF 3.x).
>
> ArraySmarty renderer that uses element names as keys was not ported,
> Alain Williams tried implementing that but didn't get it to proposal
> stage for some reason, you can try contacting him.
>
> Also you don't actually need a renderer in Quickform2 as much, you
> can just call echo $form->getElementById('elementId');
> in strategic places or do the equivalent of that in the template
> engine of you choice.

Is there any benefit of having a numerically indexed array returned by
toArray()? I mean this is QF2, breaking BC with QF is fine, and using
element ids as array index is definitely something we should get.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-
From: Christian Weiske on
Hi Alexey,

> Well, as I already said, Array renderer was designed to be used in
> iteration scenario.
This is still possible, even when element ids are used as array keys.

> There isn't much added value with released QF2
> over iterating on QuickForm2 object directly,
Could you explain that? I don't understand the sentence :/