From: Durango2008 on
Hello I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this.

I am working on an application to read some data from a website that
requires a login.

I am using the WebClient class to read the page.

For example if I have a page http://www.something.com it can read the page
fine.

However If I have a page https://www.something.com/secure/ than it requires
authentication.

I have the username/password required I just need to know how to pass it in
using C# .net.

Thank you for any help.

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Jan 7, 3:39 am, "Durango2008" <el_dura...(a)yah00.c0m> wrote:
> Hello I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this.
>
> I am working on an application to read some data from a website that
> requires a login.
>
> I am using the WebClient class to read the page.
>
> For example if I have a pagehttp://www.something.comit can read the page
> fine.
>
> However If I have a pagehttps://www.something.com/secure/than it requires
> authentication.
>
> I have the username/password required I just need to know how to pass it in
> using C# .net.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---

If this is about Basic Authentication then look at NetworkCredential
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.networkcredential.aspx

e.g.

Uri url = new Uri(@"http://some.url/server/somebscwserver.cgi");
HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("https://...");
NetworkCredential myCredentials = new NetworkCredential( "username",
"password");
CredentialCache myCredentialCache = new CredentialCache();
MyCredentialCache.Add(url, "Basic", myCredential);
req.Credentials = myCredentialCache;
System.IO.Stream response = req.GetResponse().GetResponseStream();