From: WTShaw on
When chaining algorithms, one should pick ones with compatible and
complementing characteristics to produce the maximum benefit from the
combination.

Including what you are is a clue with a clear statement is something
you don't want to give with an actual message, or even betraying all
possible pairings of processes. But here, where the study of such
ventures is appropriate, maybe.

Other considerations like speed and conciseness of source code may be
relevant for certain applications and not for others. Skill in
selection is important because you really need to understand all the
functions involved.

For text purposes, I/O functions can be halved and different platform
characteristics can be generally solved with best sequencing of the
code available.Keys may or might not be combined. It makes some sense
to do this for testing but more optional keys might offer some
advantage.

Let's take using a single stage base translation block cipher chased
with a compatible pomegranate stream cipher in the encryption phase;
the opposite in decryption. The immediate fit might not need to be
exact but for example purposes, let it be so.

Of the hundreds of product possibilities available,
Rosebud_Pomegranate is fine whereas Rosebud utilizes an input base of
97 characters including direct input of all 94 standard keys plus 3
uncommon but fairly universal characters. Rosebud output is in base
31 which is a proven good Pomegranate input choice for maximum
efficiency and well placed in reiteration ratings. Both ciphers click
along at a good rate separately. There will be some simplification in
the planned GUI and as unneeded code will also be purged.

Now, it's tinker time to put these giblets in plausible order and make
all work. I'm happy with their separate identities and the marriage
has good promise. We must remember that the result will be ductive as
variations in output will be dependent on key changes. All in due
time...