From: golfinray on
I have data changing in a table. It is an individual BE table, FE linked and
data just changes in it. I set a certain project ID# to Farmington School
District and come back in 5 minutes and it has changed it back to Gentry
School District by itself. This is an idividual table not in any relationship
with an autonumber ID for a PK. Thanks for your help!!!!
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"golfinray" <golfinray(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have data changing in a table. It is an individual BE table, FE linked
>and
> data just changes in it. I set a certain project ID# to Farmington School
> District and come back in 5 minutes and it has changed it back to Gentry
> School District by itself. This is an idividual table not in any
> relationship
> with an autonumber ID for a PK. Thanks for your help!!!!

Just wild-guessing, but look for a form that has a combo box, based on this
table, that is intended to be used for navigation but is also bound to the
ID# field in the table. That would make it so that using the combo to
navigate would change the data in the table. That's a fairly common
mistake.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: KARL DEWEY on
>> I set a certain project ID# to Farmington School District and come back in
5 minutes and it has changed it back to Gentry School District by itself.

I don't believe it. What are you using to make the change and what are you
using to look at the data?

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Jeff Boyce on
Milton

Where are you setting that ... from a front-end or directly in the back-end
table?

When you say "changed it back", that would seem to imply that the ProjectID
was originally assigned to "Gentry School District", and now, for some
reason, you want to re-assign that projectID to "Farmington School
District". Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to use a separate ProjectID
for each project, rather than re-using them? What happens if, as
"Gentry...", that ProjectID was used as a foreign key in another table?
Wouldn't your change to "Farmington ..." make all those related records look
like they belong to "Farmington..." instead of "Gentry..."?

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP