From: esad on
Hi,

I have a asp.net 2.0 website. I want the links to look user friendly,
search engine friendly and easy to track. I tried
intelligencia.UrlRewriter and could invert links to what I want them
to look like. However I couldn't accomplished to map them(I think the
IIS side) so I recieve server error(source cannot found). I have read
several articles and follow the instructions whereas I couldnt able to
complete. I need to work with multiple querystrings as well.

Can someone help and provide me a full complete instruction with
whatever rewriter or method? Or give an idea.

I want my default page url to look like www.domain.com/somevaluefromdatabase/sometextfromdatabase
and when I click on the button it should directed to the
www.domain.com/CheckOut/somevaluefromdatabase/sometextfromdatabase
and get somevaluefromdatabase as a querystring.

Thanks in advance

Esad
From: PJ6 on
URL rewrite requires IIS7, and it's possible either your development machine
or your server has IIS6.

If you're willing to investigate the other options, I would recommend you
look at routing as a (possibly) superior alternative.

I've used routing myself to allow a smooth transition from WebForms to an
MVC-style design with pretty good results.

Just dug this link up, it might help you get started -
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/url_rewriting_routing.aspx

Paul

From: Roshawn on
If you don't mind upgrading to ASP.NET 3.5, then you can easily create friendly urls using
the System.Web.Routing assembly.

Shawn