From: luka on
Hi guys.. i've just updated my mandriva 2010 system ... but before, i've
added a new source (MIB - Mandriva Italian Backports).. after that
system required me to update it... i've pressed "YES" .. after 20-30
minutes of updating (a lot of new packets) it finished..

NOW my system is SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW ...

So .. i ask you .. is there a system to get back and uninstall last
update ?

Or the only solution is to...reinstall all ?

thanks !
From: unruh on
On 2010-02-14, luka <luka(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys.. i've just updated my mandriva 2010 system ... but before, i've
> added a new source (MIB - Mandriva Italian Backports).. after that
> system required me to update it... i've pressed "YES" .. after 20-30
> minutes of updating (a lot of new packets) it finished..
>
> NOW my system is SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW ...

Try booting to your old kernel. The update should not have removed that
kernel.

From: luka on
On 14/02/2010 21:09, unruh wrote:
> On 2010-02-14, luka<luka(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys.. i've just updated my mandriva 2010 system ... but before, i've
>> added a new source (MIB - Mandriva Italian Backports).. after that
>> system required me to update it... i've pressed "YES" .. after 20-30
>> minutes of updating (a lot of new packets) it finished..
>>
>> NOW my system is SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW ...
>
> Try booting to your old kernel. The update should not have removed that
> kernel.

Thanks but i've found that the problem are on process X and KWIN ..
after i've disable "desktop effects" now it works like before.. but
before, with desktop effects there wasn't problem..

So, what's changed ?
Bha...

From: Dan C on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:19:46 +0100, luka wrote:

> On 14/02/2010 21:09, unruh wrote:
>> On 2010-02-14, luka<luka(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys.. i've just updated my mandriva 2010 system ... but before,
>>> i've added a new source (MIB - Mandriva Italian Backports).. after
>>> that system required me to update it... i've pressed "YES" .. after
>>> 20-30 minutes of updating (a lot of new packets) it finished..
>>>
>>> NOW my system is SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW ...
>>
>> Try booting to your old kernel. The update should not have removed that
>> kernel.
>>

> Thanks but i've found that the problem are on process X and KWIN ..
> after i've disable "desktop effects" now it works like before.. but
> before, with desktop effects there wasn't problem..
>
> So, what's changed ?
> Bha...

You need to reinstall your accelerated video driver (Nvidia?).

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet pulled out the Anal Intruder.

Thanks, Obama: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/obama_thanks.jpg