From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
JuanPablo-Chile <jpsegura(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I changed the code as you recommended and now I am geeting the next
> error:

> forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 1, fil C:\.....

Conversion error means that there are characters that it doesn't
expect to see, such as non-numeric characters in numbers.

It might also occur if you use tabs instead of spaces.

-- glen
From: J. Clarke on
> JuanPablo-Chile<jpsegura(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I changed the code as you recommended and now I am geeting the next
>> error:
>
>> forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 1, fil C:\.....
>
> Conversion error means that there are characters that it doesn't
> expect to see, such as non-numeric characters in numbers.
>
> It might also occur if you use tabs instead of spaces.

Just for hohos I tried this in gfortran. Three problems
encountered--first, the "1f" vs "10f" that has already been mentioned,
second, the data provided is f9.4, not 8.4, third, the lines were
wrapped with a linefeed.

Changing the format statement to "1041 format(10F9.4)" fixed the first
two problems, and removing the linefeeds from the input file fixed the
third and it ran fine (aside from what appears to be a known bug in
gfortran regarding the use of "c" in the first column to denote a
comment). Also tried list directed and that worked fine with the
dataset provided.

From: steve on
On Apr 15, 5:43 pm, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.use...(a)cox.net> wrote:

> Changing the format statement to "1041   format(10F9.4)" fixed the first
> two problems, and removing the linefeeds from the input file fixed the
> third and it ran fine (aside from what appears to be a known bug in
> gfortran regarding the use of "c" in the first column to denote a
> comment).  Also tried list directed and that worked fine with the
> dataset provided.

A known bug in gfortran with a comment line? Can you
explain what you mean or point me to a bugzilla report?

--
steve
From: J. Clarke on
On 4/15/2010 9:23 PM, steve wrote:
> On Apr 15, 5:43 pm, "J. Clarke"<jclarke.use...(a)cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Changing the format statement to "1041 format(10F9.4)" fixed the first
>> two problems, and removing the linefeeds from the input file fixed the
>> third and it ran fine (aside from what appears to be a known bug in
>> gfortran regarding the use of "c" in the first column to denote a
>> comment). Also tried list directed and that worked fine with the
>> dataset provided.
>
> A known bug in gfortran with a comment line? Can you
> explain what you mean or point me to a bugzilla report?

I'm sorry, it's a "feature". C in the first column does not denote a
comment unless you're in fixed-form mode.

From: Richard Maine on
J. Clarke <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

> On 4/15/2010 9:23 PM, steve wrote:
> > On Apr 15, 5:43 pm, "J. Clarke"<jclarke.use...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> (aside from what appears to be a known bug in
> >> gfortran regarding the use of "c" in the first column to denote a
> >> comment).

> > A known bug in gfortran with a comment line? Can you
> > explain what you mean or point me to a bugzilla report?
>
> I'm sorry, it's a "feature". C in the first column does not denote a
> comment unless you're in fixed-form mode.

That has nothing to do with gfortran. That's part of the language spec.
If there is any compiler that doesn't act that way, that *WOULD* be a
bug in that it would fail to correctly compile perfectly valid Fortran
code - or even worse, would compile it and give incorrect results.
(Trivial to make examples of how that would happen). I doubt that any
compilers with that particular bug exist; it probably would have been
noticed and fixed long ago.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7