From: Ryan S on
Hey guys,

As many of you might know, i totally suck at regex..so would really appreciate some help here.

Basically i have a html page with a lot of textboxes,radios,checkboxes etc
i need your help in the form of a regex so that when i give it the name and value it gives me the entire code of that checkbox.
for example here are 2 checkboxes:

<input type="checkbox" name="something" value="1" />

<input
type="checkbox" name="something2" value="2" id="something"
onClick="javascript_code_etc()" onSomething="lots of js cod here()"
/>

so if i want the second checkbox code i was thinking of something like this:

$the_name="something2";
$the_value="2";
$fetched=getCheckboxFromHTML($the_name,$the_value);

and then if successful the variable $fetched would contain
<input
type="checkbox" name="something2" value="2" id="something"
onClick="javascript_code_etc()" onSomething="lots of js cod here()"
/>

the idea is that i would use the contents of $fetch to add
some code before the end just before the greater than symbol, and do a
str_replace().

What do you think? Critique of my logic above too is welcome!

Thanks!
Ryan

Pages: 1
Prev: HTML & plain text in Outlook 2007