From: Harold A Climer on
I was wondering what happened to the
H P StreamSmart 400? Did it ever make it to market?
The last I read it was supposed to be available from " Educational
Distributors"( Other words for High Cost IMHO). If HP wants to sell
the things and get them into the hands of teachers and students they
need to let Amazon sell them.
They would more than make up their costs in higher volumes.
Their original estimate for cost was $99.00 per unit.
The cheapest I have even seen it listed for was $142.00+ and the site
did not even have any in stock.
Harold A Climer
Department Of Physics,Geology & Astronomy
U.T Chattanooga
RM 406A EMCS Building
615 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga TN 37493
From: Eric Rechlin on
> I was wondering what happened to the
> H P StreamSmart 400? Did it ever make it to market?

As best as I can tell, it never made it to the retail market. It seems that
HP originally planned to sell it in stores, because it started showing up in
the order systems at the distributors, but none were shipped, and it is no
longer visible in those systems.

I believe you can only buy it direct from Fourier (which makes the sensors)
or direct from HP.

http://www.fourier-sys.com/hp_MCL/
http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=3869071

Fourier sells it in a kit that includes a calculator with the StreamSmart
400 and a bunch of sensors, all inside a very nice carrying case, for $520,
and HP offers the StreamSmart 400 on its own for $100 but it doesn't appear
to be in stock. It looks like HP isn't very interested in selling it, due
to the extreme difficulty of actually buying it.

Regards,

Eric Rechlin

From: Harold A Climer on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:48:44 -0500, "Eric Rechlin" <eric(a)hpcalc.org>
wrote:

>> I was wondering what happened to the
>> H P StreamSmart 400? Did it ever make it to market?
>
>As best as I can tell, it never made it to the retail market. It seems that
>HP originally planned to sell it in stores, because it started showing up in
>the order systems at the distributors, but none were shipped, and it is no
>longer visible in those systems.
>
>I believe you can only buy it direct from Fourier (which makes the sensors)
>or direct from HP.
>
>http://www.fourier-sys.com/hp_MCL/
>http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=3869071
>
>Fourier sells it in a kit that includes a calculator with the StreamSmart
>400 and a bunch of sensors, all inside a very nice carrying case, for $520,
>and HP offers the StreamSmart 400 on its own for $100 but it doesn't appear
>to be in stock. It looks like HP isn't very interested in selling it, due
>to the extreme difficulty of actually buying it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Eric Rechlin
It is a question that might be asked of the HP folks who will be at
the handheld conference this Fall. Considering it was touted last Fall
at the HHC as one of their new products for 2009. I guess things like
this happen all the time
I remember when TI was supposed to bring out the TI-88 calculator in
the late seventies and early eighties.
I saw pictures of what it was supposed to look like as well as
specifications. ( It was supposed to have plug-in modules like the
HP41)
It never saw the light of day.
From: John H Meyers on
But if it provided the incentive needed to fix a few bugs,
including adding more of the intended "ARM-assists" in ROM,
and release that as ROM 2.15, containing the heretofore unreleased 2.10 fixes,
it was well worth it -- to HP50G users, anyway :)

Any chance of an official 2.15 ROM (with boot block intact)
for the Saturn emulators (and/or Debug4x)?

I don't think anyone would miss the single StreamSmart command
if left out of those emulators :)

[r->] [OFF]

From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"Eric Rechlin" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> I was wondering what happened to the
>> H P StreamSmart 400? Did it ever make it to market?
> [..]
> It looks like HP isn't very interested in selling it,

This sentence reminds me of the Portable Datalab from Firmware Systems, Inc
;-)

Regards

Raymond

 |  Next  |  Last