From: chuck on
Wife's PC, XP Pro sp3.

Her machine no longer hibernates. In the desktop options
screens there are no more Hibernate or Enable Hibernate
options.

How to I get them back????

chuck
From: chuck on
chuck wrote:
> Wife's PC, XP Pro sp3.
>
> Her machine no longer hibernates.

OBTW - on the Power Options screen, under Home/Desktop,
she gets options for Plugged In and Running on Batteries.

Why is that??

It's a desktop -- no batteries.

Is this something being passed thru from BIOS??
From: Bob I on
My money is on the drivers out of date or a generic one having been
installed through the use of Windows Update. If that is the case, open
Device manager and Roll Back the bum driver.

How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477

From: chuck on
Bob I wrote:
> My money is on the drivers out of date or a generic one having been
> installed through the use of Windows Update. If that is the case, open
> Device manager and Roll Back the bum driver.

What I just did was to System Restore to a Previous Time.

Voila! Hibernate and Standby are back! Yowza.

But --- still got options for Plugged In and
Running on Battery -- on a freakin' desktop.

What's with this battery option???
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Did you (or someone else) reinstall WinXP using an OEM disk from a laptop
computer?