From: HuaMin on
Hi,

In the Excel sheet, I've clicked 'Hidden' in 'protection' tab in 'Format
cells' of the cell, and then I protected the sheet. But the 'hidden' cells
that I expect to have are still visible!

Bst Rgds,
HuaMin
From: Gary''s Student on
It will be hidden in the formula bar.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

From: Dave Peterson on
Hidden means that the formula you used in that cell isn't visible to the user.

But the results will be.

If you don't want the user to see the value in the worksheet, you can either
use:

1. a custom number format of: ;;;
2. Format the fill and font to match
3 for just some conditions, you could also use:
Conditional formatting (like white font on a white fill)

But these formatting suggestions will not hide the value (or formula) in the
formula bar.

====
ps. Remember that excel's worksheet protection isn't meant to protect
intellectual property. It's not very strong. It's made to help prevent users
from making data entry errors.

--

Dave Peterson