From: MFS on
Hi,

I would like to know how to hide the formula & allow to users to copy the
cell & get only the result (just like what past special does).

I have tried “Protect Sheet”, when I protect the sheet a user can see the
result (of the formula) but can't copy it because it is protected
I didn't find anything (or I missed) in the promotion's list that allows
users to copy or copy the result.
When I remove the protection the user will have access on the formula (which
I don't want to).

In short, I want the user to see the result of the formula & have the
promotion to copy the result, only the result without the formula so he can
work with if he needs.

I got an Email with Excel sheet which calculates your age & have some other
interesting functions, I don't have the promotion to see the sheet's formulas
still I can copy the result without any access to the formula. So it is
possible, but how?

I appreciate your support.

--
MFS22
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
While protecting your worksheet
Tools>>Protection>> Protect Sheet (OR) After pressing press Alt+T+P+P
You will get a protect sheet dialog box in that Under the heading “Allow all
Users of this Worksheet to:” CHECK the “Select Locked Cells” and “Select
Unlocked cells” and UNCHECK all the remaining check boxes and give your
desired password twice and give ok.. Now the users can able to see the cell
values and they can able to copy the cell values only.

Just select the cells for which you want to protect and do right
click>>Format Cells>>Protection>>Tick Both Locked & Hidden Check boxes and
give ok. By clicking locked will make the cell not accessible and by giving
Hidden the Formula's which you have used cannot be viewed.

Unlock all the cells which ever you want the people to have access as
mentioned below:

To unlock the cells Select the Columns Or Cells that needs to have the
Editing option and do right click>>Format Cells>>Protection>>Uncheck Both the
Locked & Hidden Check
boxes and give ok.

Now Protect the worksheet with a password

Tools>>Protection>> Click Protect Sheet OR press Alt+T+P+P and Provide your
desired password Twice and give ok.

Keep in mind that now the worksheet is getting protected and the locked
cells cannot be accessed by the users unless the worksheet is Unprotected.
To unprotect the worksheet place the cursor in Protected worksheet and select
Tools>>Protection>>Unprotect sheet with your password and give ok. Or
Alt+T+P+P and enter your password and give ok.

(Ms-Exl-Learner)