From: divventknaa on

I have created a scope of work report which uses 4 sub reports to display reference numbers for
defects, change requests etc. in multiple columns.

This works fine, but as I am using colours to highlight where the items lie, I need to put in a
reference so the user can see which colours signifies what.

The obvious way would be to put the header (which is a title then 4 - 8 labels underneath for the
legend) into the subreport header, then using the On No Data method, hide the lot if a report is
empty, which some sub reports will be for particular SystemID.

However, if the header is put inside the subreport header, it obviously moves the page to the right
to fit it in, which prevents the columns being displayed 6 across the page, which is the desired
method as it will enable me to get a plan-on-a-page approach

I realise I could use the visible method to make the titles and colored labels invisible using the
OnNoData interrogations, but this would leave empty spaces down the page, when the neatest way to
do it would be to just hide that report, and the other subreports would automatically fill the
space. I woul then have a normally hidden text box to say "No Defects Associsted With SystemXXX"
where the subreport would normally sit.

Any boffins got a fix for this please?

Thanks

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

From: Salad on
divventknaa wrote:

> I have created a scope of work report which uses 4 sub reports to display reference numbers for
> defects, change requests etc. in multiple columns.
>
> This works fine, but as I am using colours to highlight where the items lie, I need to put in a
> reference so the user can see which colours signifies what.
>
> The obvious way would be to put the header (which is a title then 4 - 8 labels underneath for the
> legend) into the subreport header, then using the On No Data method, hide the lot if a report is
> empty, which some sub reports will be for particular SystemID.
>
> However, if the header is put inside the subreport header, it obviously moves the page to the right
> to fit it in, which prevents the columns being displayed 6 across the page, which is the desired
> method as it will enable me to get a plan-on-a-page approach
>
> I realise I could use the visible method to make the titles and colored labels invisible using the
> OnNoData interrogations, but this would leave empty spaces down the page, when the neatest way to
> do it would be to just hide that report, and the other subreports would automatically fill the
> space. I woul then have a normally hidden text box to say "No Defects Associsted With SystemXXX"
> where the subreport would normally sit.
>
> Any boffins got a fix for this please?
>
> Thanks

I don't follow the issue. Does each subreport have different colors,
different legends? If all use the same colors, can't the legends (color
significance) be put in the Report Footer of the main report?

How are titles being presented if there's no data to link the sub report
to main report?

Are sub reports side by side or one on top of each other? Do you want
the layout to change if there's no data in a subreport?