From: Chrischik on
Hi,
I have created a spreadsheet in which companies submiting a tender will be
scored.

In order to make life easier for the committee reviewing the bids I would
like to do the following:

Display the top 3 scoring bids below:
Using: =MAX(J14:J236) I can get the highest ranking score - but not the
company
and I can't show the other top two bids.

It'll be from a range of about 200 companies?

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated in advance.
thank you.
From: Mike H on
Hi,

You didn't tell us where the company names are so I assumed column K. Put
this in a cell and it will find the largest number in your range and return
to Co. Drag down for No2 and No3

=VLOOKUP(LARGE($J$14:$J$236,ROW(A1)),$J$14:$K$236,2,FALSE)
--
Mike

question.

From: Jacob Skaria on
Another way; if you have the company names in Col A

Apply the formula to cell and copy/drag down to 3 cells for the top 3
companies
=INDEX($A$14:$A$26,MATCH(LARGE($J$14:$J$26,ROW(A1)),$J$14:$J$26,0))

--
Jacob

"Chrischik" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have created a spreadsheet in which companies submiting a tender will be
> scored.
>
> In order to make life easier for the committee reviewing the bids I would
> like to do the following:
>
> Display the top 3 scoring bids below:
> Using: =MAX(J14:J236) I can get the highest ranking score - but not the
> company
> and I can't show the other top two bids.
>
> It'll be from a range of about 200 companies?
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Much appreciated in advance.
> thank you.

Pages: 1