From: onkars on
Can anyone talk on the state of the art FFT implementations in hardware ---
ASIC, IP cores etc. -- in terms of throughput?
We are looking for something in excess of 5G.

Thanks.

From: Richard Owlett on
onkars wrote:
> Can anyone talk on the state of the art FFT implementations in hardware ---
> ASIC, IP cores etc. -- in terms of throughput?
> We are looking for something in excess of 5G.
>
> Thanks.

unobit
OR
GIGAB
precision

*LOL*

From: Darol Klawetter on
On Mar 16, 6:21 pm, "onkars" <onkar.sarode(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> Can anyone talk on the state of the art FFT implementations in hardware ---
> ASIC, IP cores etc. -- in terms of throughput?
> We are looking for something in excess of 5G.
>
> Thanks.

See Dillon Engineering for FFT IP

http://www.dilloneng.com/fft_ip

Darol Klawetter
From: onkars on
>On Mar 16, 6:21=A0pm, "onkars" <onkar.sarode(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Can anyone talk on the state of the art FFT implementations in hardware
-=
>--
>> ASIC, IP cores etc. -- in terms of throughput?
>> We are looking for something in excess of 5G.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>See Dillon Engineering for FFT IP
>
>http://www.dilloneng.com/fft_ip
>
>Darol Klawetter

Thanks Darol
From: Eric Jacobsen on
On 3/16/2010 4:23 PM, onkars wrote:
> Can anyone talk on the state of the art FFT implementations in hardware ---
> ASIC, IP cores etc. -- in terms of throughput?
> We are looking for something in excess of 5G.
>
> Thanks.

A lot of the relevant FFT hardware architecture research was done
decades ago when hardware resources were much more expensive than they
are now. There are still a lot of tradeoffs depending on what you
really want, the length of the vector or whether it needs to support
multiple vector lengths, etc., etc.

I'd look around for books and articles from the 80s or maybe even early
90s. The number of architectures just to do FFTs is surprising.

If you really just want throughput as the main design criterion, as
cheap as gates and memory are these days I'd think it'd be worth looking
at just doing a straightforward implementation where each stage runs all
of the butterflies in parallel and all of the stages are pipelined. In
other words, each stage has its own hardware, each butterfly in each
stage has its own hardware. You may not need to get fancy at all. It'd
be much bigger than a more hardware or power efficient implementation,
but it'd sustain high throughput.

--
Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms