From: Charlene on
In Excel 2007, when selecting different cells they are highlighted a light
gray. How do I change that to a darker colour so that the selected cells are
easier to see?
From: Gord Dibben on
Some people have seen an improvement by changing contrast in their monitor
settings.

If you want a permanent fix for the selected cells coloring in Excel 2007
here is a Registry hack.

Start>Run regededit.exe

Drill down to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options

Right-click on Options6 and Modify>Decimal........change the 32 to 16

When you select multiple cells all but the active cell will be black.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Charlene on
Thanks Gord,

That worked.

Charlene.

From: Gord Dibben on
Which one?

Contrast or Registry?

Gord

On Tue, 11 May 2010 06:43:01 -0700, Charlene