From: isw on
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac
From: powerampfreak on
On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw <i...(a)witzend.com> wrote:
> After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
> and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
> down??) fixes it for a while.
>
> Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?
>
> thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
If this is a cap problem...

Good luck!
From: Meat Plow on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:28:38 -0700, powerampfreak ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw <i...(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>> After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
>> and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
>> down??) fixes it for a while.
>>
>> Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?
>>
>> thx, Isaac
>
> You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time. When you find the
> problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably) If this is a cap
> problem...
>
> Good luck!

Odd. I've found the exact opposite with electrolytic caps in that they
tend to work better when warmer (up to a point however.)
From: Sofa Slug on
powerampfreak wrote:
> On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw <i...(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>> After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
>> and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
>> down??) fixes it for a while.
>>
>> Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?
>>
>> thx, Isaac
>
> You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
> When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
> If this is a cap problem...
>
> Good luck!

I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage
it. Can anyone confirm or deny?
From: Chuck on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:38:25 -0700, Sofa Slug
<sofaslug(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>powerampfreak wrote:
>> On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw <i...(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>>> After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
>>> and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
>>> down??) fixes it for a while.
>>>
>>> Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> thx, Isaac
>>
>> You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
>> When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
>> If this is a cap problem...
>>
>> Good luck!
>

>I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage
>it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I've used freeze spray on electrolytics for 40 years. Never had a
recall for electrolytic damage. Chuck