From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-06-29 02:13 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:

>>> Well, you are rather prone to misconceptions.
>>
>> Aside from the typo that Stephen Weiss caught (thanks), did I post
>> something wrong? Seems not.

Stands.

And after all that noise of yours, nothing's changed. The
"misconceptions" you called foul on? Nope, only misconcpetions were
yours with attributing the idea to the wrong person, posting wrong
information on browsers where it works and doesn't, mentioning browsers
rather than applying the concept of prototype-based functions, and
giving a correctable, but understandable (though still imprecise)
explanation of context/thisArg.

All that wasted time for you.

>>> I believe I have said that.

>> I did not write that.
>
> That's called a summary, stupid.

>> http://erik.eae.net/archives/2006/04/27/17.50.15/
>>
>> Whether or not Erik was wrong about other points doesn't really matter.
>> That entry is the one that counts here.
>>
>>> You don't mean the guy that completely botched JScript/MSHTML, do you?
>>
>> Dunno about that,
>
> Apparently you didn't mean him. Which keeps your argument fallacious,
> though.

Nothing fallacious at all; just more bs from thomas.

>> but the entry itself points out the fact I stated.
>> it's quoted so search google for that string and you'll see.
>>
>> Here...
>
> Let's eat sh*t -- a million flies can't be wrong.

Crying foul again?

Was the article incorrect?

You offered no valid, rational criticism in your response. About the
best we can do is come to the realization that you are irrational and no
such conclusions about the article's correctness can be made from your
comments.

Garrett
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Garrett Smith wrote:

> On 2010-06-29 02:13 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>>> Aside from the typo that Stephen Weiss caught (thanks), did I post
>>> something wrong? Seems not.
>
> Stands. [snip whining]

There have been other followups from me in this thread. Go read them.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk>
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-06-30 04:03 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:

>> Stands. [snip whining]

That is not what I wrote, though it appears in a quote by me.

> There have been other followups from me in this thread. Go read them.

I read your posts, I'll get to correcting those as I see fit. Perhaps
there are others who are more worth it.

I see you snipped your reply about the comment for appendChild (along
with your other bs).

By the way, you may have noticed proposals (yep, more than one) to add
an entry to the FAQ regarding your behavior. you might or might not see
a relationship between that and you posting irrational and wrong
information and calling names.

I'm not the only one who is annoyed by such postings of yours. They
detract from the NG. Frankly I find it would be a stain to the FAQ.
however, I can see the motivation for such things.

Garrett