From: carlesoriol on
I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases.

I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there.
(insert, update)

I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change on
it. Not last time data has changed.

How this can be done?

Carles Oriol
From: Tibor Karaszi on
SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all
those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track
of that information.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

From: carlesoriol on
It would be a big overheap done this way you way using a trigger ?? or doing
a change data capture or keeping track of all tables using a changetable
keeping track of everything.

But would be so critical if there's any structural kind of control. And
that's the reason of my question.

I've also tryed flushing database changes and lookin files date... withou
success

Any idea?

"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:

> SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all
> those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track
> of that information.
>
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi
>

> "carlesoriol" <carlesoriol(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases.
> >
> > I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there.
> > (insert, update)
> >
> > I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change
> > on
> > it. Not last time data has changed.