From: Dan Guzman on
> We have to establish a connection SQL Server on 16-bit MS DOS 6.22 o.s
>
> Tested Methods: ISQL.exe, Osql.exe;
> Conclusion: Both exes can not be run on the 16-bit DOS operating system.

The last SQL Server version that included 16-bit Windows binaries was SQL
Server 6.5. Mainstream support for that version ended over 10 years ago.
To connect to SQL Server from a 16-bit DOS application, you need to first
load the appropriate Net-Library TSR and then launch the 16-bit utility.

If all you need to do is run SQL Scripts against modern SQL Server versions,
I suggest you use a 32 or 64-bit OS and corresponding utility versions.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP