Prev: Combo Box
Next: a
From: Janet Todd Janet on
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:09:01 -0800, Janet Todd <Janet
Todd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

You'll have to explain your task in more detail. Is this in an Access database
(the subject of this forum)?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Mark Andrews on
For email templates you have a few options:
1. use a service like Constant Contact
2. build it yourself

I can describe the basics for how I built email templates into my software.
See my website for more details.

- create a table to store the email template (from, to, cc, bcc, subject,
body etc..)
- create form to allow a user to build an email template
- the concept is you allow variables or merge fields into the various parts
of the email template
example: ##email## ##Firstname##

then at runtime your code loops thru a recordset and substitutes the
variables with the real data.
Think of it as just building strings on the fly.
After you have built the strings you can send the email.

If you want to see example of how I did it see both websites. I basically
used a concept similar to how Albert Kallal
approach word merge templates and did it with email templates.

Doing HTML email templates adds a bit more complexity if you build it
yourself since now you need an HTMl control
if you want a full WYSIWIG type application. nBit has a activex html
control.

Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com
http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com

From: De Jager on

From: joelgeraldine on
l!n

"Janet Todd" <Janet Todd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de groupe de discussion :
F4C379B4-A579-40D7-B973-172E2A9D2623(a)microsoft.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Pages: 1
Prev: Combo Box
Next: a