From: Cal Who on
How can I make my site fill the browser height.

As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical line
to fill-in the sides.

I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
bottom of my footer image.

I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.

I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.

Got any suggestions??

Thank

From: Cal Who on

" Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM(a)roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
> line to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>

> Thank

Simple, (I think)
html {

height: 100%;

background-color:#c3d7ec;

}

or maybe

html, body {

height: 100%;

background-color:#c3d7ec;

}

Are these different.

One better than the other?

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On May 31, 12:59 am, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...(a)roadrunner.com> wrote:
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical line
> to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>
> Thank

For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php
From: Cal Who on

"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smirnov(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 31, 12:59 am, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...(a)roadrunner.com> wrote:
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
> line
> to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>
> Thank

For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php

Thanks