From: Maperalia on
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the
sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect
these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for
some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect.
How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells
(A21`:H40) only.

Thanks.
Maperalia
From: trip_to_tokyo on
In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:-

1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to
Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 to H20 / Ctrl 1 / Custom Lists pop
up window should launch / Protection tab / remove the tick from the Locked
box / OK / save the file.

2. Close and reopen the file / make sure that you can access range A1 to
H20.

I have just tested the above and it works OK.

3. Apply the protection to the new range.

4. If my comments have helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.