From: kenackr on
I am trying the 2007 Excel for a possible upgrade from my existing Excel
2000. I made my own "to do" list that I use every morning. Since priorities
change since tasks get carried over each day, I sort and resort the list to
get the right tasks in the right order for that day.

Three columns represent the sort criteria, they are: due date, priority, and
status shown as column headersw. As mentioned above all 3 of those areas are
re-figured every day as appropriate to needs that day. Two other columns:
Task, & Comments (also as column headers), can also change but just ride
along with the changes in the sort criteria when all the rows to be sorted
are selected.

The headers do not repeat anywhere down the list so when I want to resort
some dates or dates in the middle or bottom of the list the headers are no
longer used as search criteria but either the column Letter or the cell
values of the first row to be sorted can also be used.

When shifting between the 2 sorts it means retyping everything in again and
again. The sort process often is iterative requiring multiple resorts to get
the priorities to line up correctly for the needs of that day.

In Excel 2007, the sort order is done by adding levels and specifying the
sort criteria. I would like to be able to save that search criteria for reuse
so I don't have to type in the search criteria every time.

Is it possible to save both type of sorts (and perhaps others) to limit the
amount of retyping I am currently doing? Is so, how is that accomplished?

Ken
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Ken, why don't you use a filter instead? It seems to be exactly what you
require. If you don't know how to do that just post again or email me direct
and I will try to help out.