From: Family Tree Mike on

"Leon_Amirreza" wrote:

> Hi,
> how can I have a .Net Control like (TextBox or Label) to interpret a unicode
> character (or a sequence off characters) to be interpreted as newline?
>
> I need Somthing like this:
>
> textBox1.NewLineString = "+\";
> textBox1.Text = "Jack+\Bill";
>
> to be shown like this inside the textbox:
>
> Jack
> Bill

That's a really strange request. Here is why.

Suppose, for whatever reason, your new line character is set to "+\". Now a
user types in the textbox "We have 10 oranges +\12 bananas", and reallize
they meant "10 oranges + 12 bananas". You need to detremine they deleted the
newline, and put back the first portion of the newline string. I'm sure it
can be done somehow, but is this something your users really need?

Mike