From: Ron Garret on
Referring to

http://cybertiggyr.com/gene/lisp-heap/

and in particular at figures 3 and 4. If it were printed on paper I
could understand, but these are digital images. Anyone know what
happened here?

rg
From: piscesboy on
On Feb 4, 5:47 pm, Ron Garret <rNOSPA...(a)flownet.com> wrote:
> Referring to
>
> http://cybertiggyr.com/gene/lisp-heap/
>
> and in particular at figures 3 and 4.  If it were printed on paper I
> could understand, but these are digital images.  Anyone know what
> happened here?
>
> rg

Maybe they were scanned images? It's hard to tell without a time lapse
comparison of how the quality looked in the past.
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen on
+ piscesboy <oraclmaster(a)gmail.com>:

> On Feb 4, 5:47�pm, Ron Garret <rNOSPA...(a)flownet.com> wrote:
>> Referring to
>>
>> http://cybertiggyr.com/gene/lisp-heap/
>>
>> and in particular at figures 3 and 4. �If it were printed on paper I
>> could understand, but these are digital images. �Anyone know what
>> happened here?
>>
>> rg
>
> Maybe they were scanned images? It's hard to tell without a time lapse
> comparison of how the quality looked in the past.

The web page is "Converted with LaTeX2HTML 2002-2-1 (1.71)" according to
a comment in the HTML code. The image even has an alt text showing part
of the LaTeX code generating it. So this is likely to be a digital
effect, not the result of bad scanning. From a closer look, I would
guess that it might be an anti-aliasing algorithm gone horribly wrong.
But why only in a limited region? I have no idea.

--
* Harald Hanche-Olsen <URL:http://www.math.ntnu.no/~hanche/>
-- Bertrand Russell