From: Zack Barresse on
For a local approach, I generally take the easy two-liner..

Function IsWbOpen(wbName as string) as boolean
On error resume next
IsWbOpen = Len(Workbooks(wbName).Name)
End function

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

From: Tom Ogilvy on
Neither the OP's question or my suggestion was for a workbook opened in the
same instance of Excel, so I assume this is some added information.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

From: Zack Barresse on
You got it. ;)

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> Neither the OP's question or my suggestion was for a workbook opened in
> the
> same instance of Excel, so I assume this is some added information.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "Zack Barresse" <firefytrNO(a)SPAMvbaexpress.com> wrote in message
>> For a local approach, I generally take the easy two-liner..
>>
>> Function IsWbOpen(wbName as string) as boolean
>> On error resume next
>> IsWbOpen = Len(Workbooks(wbName).Name)
>> End function
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
>> To email, remove NOSPAM
>>

>> "Tom Ogilvy" <TomOgilvy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If you don't care about who has the file open, you can modify Ivan's
> code
>> > or
>> > just start out using this simple code (the guts of which is identical
>> > the
>> > approach used by Ivan).
>> >

>> > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=138621
>> > XL: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=291295
>> > XL2002: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=213383
>> > XL2000: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=184982
>> > WD97: VBA Function to Check If File or Document Is Open
>> >

>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Tom Ogilvy

> some