From: fkcadl on
Hi,

Ive got a spreadsheet with staff information such as network username, first
name, surname, department, job title, ethnicity, age etc...

How do I (if possible), automatically populate the first name, surname,
department, job title, ethnicity, age etc... by just typing in the network
username?

Any help is much appreciated!

fkcadl

From: Jacob Skaria on
Check out help on VLOOKUP().

With your data in Sheet1 Col A to Col J; in Sheet2 enter the network
username in cell A1. In cell B1 enter the below formula and copy/drag towards
the right..

=IF($A1<>"",VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$J,COLUMN(B1),0),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Dave Peterson on
It sounds like a good time to learn about =vlookup() or =index(match())
(depending on how that table is laid out).

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))