From: Lorraine W on
I'm running XP Pro SP2, and I can't seem to find where I can change to
Metric measure. Can someone tell me, please?

Thanks,

Lorraine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: thanatoid on
"Lorraine W" <lwilki-nospam(a)telus.net> wrote in

> I'm running XP Pro SP2, and I can't seem to find where I
> can change to Metric measure. Can someone tell me, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lorraine
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT exactly are you measuring in imperial now that you want to
measure in metric? Images/screens use pixels, sound uses Hz and
bits, and if you are running some image program, it's up to that
program. In the worst case, use pixels and find a conversion
chart (not to mention even I still remember that an inch is 2.54
cm so converting is not a major problem to begin with.

You could find a French or Dutch version of Windows, of course.

--
There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
and those that will break later.
From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <Xns9D02F146A996thanexit(a)188.40.43.245>, thanatoid
<waiting(a)the.exit.invalid> writes:
>"Lorraine W" <lwilki-nospam(a)telus.net> wrote in
>
>> I'm running XP Pro SP2, and I can't seem to find where I
>> can change to Metric measure. Can someone tell me, please?
[]
>WHAT exactly are you measuring in imperial now that you want to
>measure in metric? Images/screens use pixels, sound uses Hz and
>bits, and if you are running some image program, it's up to that
[]
And if it's a word processor (paper size, position, etc.), it's up to
that, too. But just to be helpful - in Office 2003, in Word, it's Tools,
Options, General, Measurement Units (near the bottom) - similar in other
versions of Word/Office, I suspect. After you've changed it, you can
still enter e. g. a margin in inches by appending the quote mark - e. g.
1" will be taken as one inch. (I think you can specify cm and maybe mm
if you're still set to imperial, too; not sure.)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Hit any user to continue.
From: Tim Meddick on
As others have commented re: this thread, it depends what program you are running,
and, as in M$ Office, you can change the type of measurement units used in the
options of that and various other programs.

Windows, is usually set to default to using the metric system anyway.

However, you could double-check that the following setting it correctly set to
"Metric" and not "U.S." :

1). Go to the "Control Panel" and open "Regional and language Options"

2). On the first page [tab] called "Regional Options" click on the "Customize"
button.

3). Again, you want the first page of the new dialog that pops up ("Customize
Regional Options").

4). Go down to the very last item on this page called "Measurement System"

5). Make sure it is correctly set to "Metric" and not "U.S."

Finally, if you changed anything - click on [ok] to exit "Customize Regional
Options", and again on [ok] to exit the "Regional and language Options" control
panel.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Twayne on
In news:OtMpHoklKHA.2316(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Lorraine W <lwilki-nospam(a)telus.net> typed:
> I'm running XP Pro SP2, and I can't seem to find where I can change to
> Metric measure. Can someone tell me, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lorraine

Try switching to the English (UK) keyboard layout.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 1366 x 768
Next: Windows Explorer