From: Brian V on
I thought it would probably be networking. I had assumed a router would be
involved, but I thought that would just be for the internet connection (I
will read more because some may take this comment as wrong). So no direct usb
connection then. Ok.

If I ran my own business I think that option would be highly important and
necessary. Right now, I am not thinking networking is.

Thank you all for the replys.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:18:01 -0700, Brian V
<BrianV(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I thought it would probably be networking. I had assumed a router would be
> involved, but I thought that would just be for the internet connection (I
> will read more because some may take this comment as wrong). So no direct usb
> connection then. Ok.
>
> If I ran my own business I think that option would be highly important and
> necessary. Right now, I am not thinking networking is.

You wanted to connect your two computers. If you want to do that,
networking *is* necessary. As I tried to explain in my previous
message, that's the way you connect computers.

If you are connecting more than two computers, a router (or hub or
switch) needs to be involved, but with only two computers, they can be
connected directly; you have to use a *crossover* cable if you don't
use a router, hub, or switch.

And the crossover cable, router, hub, or switch connect to a Network
Interface Card (usually abbreviated NIC), or equivalent built into the
motherboard, in each computer

Please Reply to the Newsgroup