From: aries68mc on
I have a column of dates that was formatted YY/MM/DD that I wanted formatted
MM/DD/YY. I split the cells then recombined the 3 new columns into a 4th
using the concatenate function. How do I delete the 3 columns without
deleting the combined data in the 4th?

Thanks,
Mary
From: Dave Peterson on
First, if the data were really dates, you should be able to just format the
cells the way you want.

But if it's text that looks like data, you did ok!

You can either hide the original columns and keep the concatenation formula

--or convert the column of formulas to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special
values will do it). Then delete the other columns.

Just curious, did you use a formula like:
=date(2000+a1,b1,c1)
to get a real date
or did you just create another string that looks like a date?

--

Dave Peterson
From: FSt1 on
hi
copy the condatenation function and paste special values. this turns the
function into hard data. the other three columns are now no longer needed.

Regards
FSt1

From: Gord Dibben on
Select 4th column and Copy>Edit>Paste Special(in place)>Values>OK>Esc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP