From: Sandra Pomerleau Sandra on
I just bought Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise for school. When I try to open
an attached "ACCESS" file from my school ( so I can edit it for homework) a
box with an EXCLAMATION POINT in it shows up and says "the file does not
exist, or I don't have read access to the file.." how do I fix this so I can
do my homework?

One more thing, I have no problem opening an attachment that is a word
document. It's strictly the access program I'm hving a problem with.. Please
Help..

Sincerely, Sandy ~AKA~Ms. Confused :)
From: Rob Parker on
Hi Sandy,

I think that your problem is not really an Access problem, but an email
problem. I'm assuming that when your refer to "an attached ACCESS file"
you're meaning an attachment to an email. If that's the case, it's likely
that your email program is preventing you from opening it - many of them
(particularly Outlook and Outlook Express/Windows Mail) will do that. You
may be able to get around this by channging a setting in your email
program - foe example, for Windows Mail you can got to Tools - Options and
on the Security tab uncheck the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or
opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

I would also strongly advise you not to try to work directly in the file
attachment when you can open it. Instead, save it to a suitable folder (and
for Access 2007, you may need to save it to a folder that is a trusted
location if you want any macros or code to run), and open it from there. If
you need to email it back to school when you're done, create a new email
message and attach the file you've been working on to it.

If you can't figure out how to get your email program to let you save the
file, I suggest that you post to a group which discusses your email progam,
rather than an Access group.

HTH,

Rob

"Sandra Pomerleau" <Sandra Pomerleau(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3417CF44-C31A-48E1-9FC9-1420E3461048(a)microsoft.com...