From: John Reiser on
> How can I find out from cmdline terminal which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser,
> JFS, XFS, VxFS) is currently used on the local Linux system?

Use cmdline utility "mount" with no arguments.
Or, "cat /proc/mounts".

> Does your suggested command work on all Linux distributions (Debian, Redhat,...) or even Solaris?

'mount' works for all Linux and for Solaris and Mac OS X.
/proc is specific to Linux.

> Assume I mount a second hard disc.
> Can this second filesystem different from the filesystem of the first ("Main") hard disc?

Yes.

> Can filesystems be diffent even between partitions on the SAME hard disc?

Yes.

From: Denis McMahon on
On 27/07/10 16:01, Peter Hanke wrote:

> Can filesystems be diffent even between partitions on the SAME hard disc?

This is a laptop. It has an ext3 linux partition, an ntfs windows
partition, a fat 32 partition and a linux swap partition, all on one disc.

That probably means yes.

Rgds

Denis
From: Pascal Hambourg on
Hello,

Chris Davies a �crit :

> The pseudo-file /proc/filesystems will show you the set of filesystems
> that are available in your running kernel.

Caveat : filesystem types managed by loadable modules that are not
currently loaded won't be shown.
From: unruh on
On 2010-07-27, Peter Hanke <peter_ha(a)andres.net> wrote:
> How can I find out from cmdline terminal which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser,
> JFS, XFS, VxFS) is currently used on the local Linux system?

You care why?