From: JeremyR. on
I have a folder on my desktop that contains the following:

1. An excel file that serves as a master index of the 892 pdf files that
are contained in the same folder.

2. 892 PDF files, each with file names similar to: "ABCD.pdf", "TYRD.pdf",
"HRTY.pdf", and so on.

What I want to be able to do is the following:

1. In the master index excel file which contains alot of data about each of
the files, click on a hyperlink of the file name which would then open that
file in the folder.

2. Be able to send that entire folder with all the PDF files and the index,
and have that work on anyones computer that I send the excel sheet and PDF's
to.

I am able to make the hyperlinks work on my own machine. But when I send
the files to another person, even if they set up a folder of the same name,
containing all the PDF files and the master index, they get an error that it
cannot open the file. The hyperlink is still trying to point to my computer.
(I am in a work setting)

My file is stored on a work computer that has a path similar to :
C:\Documents and Settings\zb1511\Desktop\Learning Files

I tried to set up the hyperlinks in a manner in which I saw a similar thread
and it would not work.

I thought about inserting all the pdf files into my excel sheet (about 56 MB
of files) but the thought of several days spent clicking (Insert, Object,
Package) makes me sick and I don't know how well it would work. I do not
have the full version of adobe, just reader.

Is there a better way to do this? I cannot post this information on the web
due to sensitivity and company policy. If I can package all these files in
one excel file, that would be even better!

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks
Jeremy