From: Artemis Bob Artemis on
I am attempting to insert photos into specific cells on an Excel spreadsheet.
I can insert photos just fine, but they are not anchored to any specific
cell. For example, I want a photo in cell A1 as part of a large spreadsheet
of photos and data. How do I do it?
From: Billns on
On 5/13/2010 1:35 PM, Artemis Bob wrote:
> I am attempting to insert photos into specific cells on an Excel spreadsheet.
> I can insert photos just fine, but they are not anchored to any specific
> cell. For example, I want a photo in cell A1 as part of a large spreadsheet
> of photos and data. How do I do it?

In Excel 2007, right click on your picture, click on Size and
Properties, click the Properties tab, select Don't Move or Size with
Cells, click Close.

The photo isn't "in" the cell; it's over the cell...

I'm pretty sure Excel 2003 includes this capability, but it might not be
quite the same commands.

Bill
From: Gord Dibben on
Photos or other objects cannot ne inserted "into" a cell.

They can only lay on top of the cell or cells.

Do you want photos to sort with the cells?

The photo must lie within the cell boundaries and "move and size with cells"
must be enabled.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Fred on
"Artemis Bob" <Artemis Bob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to insert photos into specific cells on an Excel
>spreadsheet.
> I can insert photos just fine, but they are not anchored to any specific
> cell. For example, I want a photo in cell A1 as part of a large
> spreadsheet
> of photos and data. How do I do it?

Try these two macros:

http://www.exceltip.com/st/Insert_pictures_using_VBA_in_Microsoft_Excel/486.html