From: krissy on
"We have been asked to contact you by our client 0, regarding your
past due invoice for 7896.98. Their records indicate that payment has
not been received as of the date of this correspondence, and is therefore
listed for collection. This balance may include finance charges. "

How do I make the 7897.98 w/ a dollar amount? The current formula is " & c8
& ".

Please HELP!!!
From: Ed Ferrero on
Hi krissy,

> How do I make the 7897.98 w/ a dollar amount? The current formula is " &
> c8
> & ".

=TEXT(C8,"$0.00")

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

From: Russell Dawson on
Hi Krissy

It looks like you are importing the value from an Excel w/sheet into a
mailmerged document.

To have the value in the w/s appear as $x.xx you need to format the cell as
currency.
Right click the cell - format cells - currency - select symbol $ US - OK

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: Gary Keramidas on
do you mean a dollar sign? unless i'm missing something, depending on where
you get the rest of the sentence:

"We have been asked to contact you by our client 0, regarding your
past due invoice for $" & c8 & "."

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
="We have been asked to contact you by our client 0, regarding your past
due invoice for " & =TEXT(C8,"$0.00") & ". Their records indicate that
payment has
not been received as of the date of this correspondence, and is therefore
listed for collection. This balance may include finance charges."

to force the 2 decimal places as well as the dollar sign.
--
David Biddulph