From: Ibico on
I have 2 branch office budgets that I would like to merge into one
consolidated master budget. I would like the branch budgets linked to the
master budget so as we adjust the branch budget, the master budget adjusts as
well. ANy help would be appreciated (BTW...I am not really excel savy, so
technical directions will not help me much).

Thanks a bunch.
From: Dave Peterson on
Merging two worksheets could be as simple as copy|pasting one set of data under
the other. But I doubt that this is what you mean.

As for the other part of the question, excel doesn't do this kind of thing very
well. If I had to use excel, I would keep all my data in one worksheet in one
workbook. Then create reports off that single source of data.

The reports could be other workbooks that are refreshed (recreated each time
they need to be refreshed). Any updates to these report workbooks would be lost
-- the data has to be updated in the original source.

And if you needed multiple users to update the data, then maybe you should
consider using another application -- a real database program that allows
security and simultaneous updating...maybe Access???

--

Dave Peterson