From: Stephie on
This worked perfectly, however, I now need to put a comma between the two
names - i.e. currently I have Smith John in one cell, and need Smith, John in
one cell. Is there a way to do that?

From: Don Guillett on
When all else fails, think about it....

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Dave Peterson on
As long as your original data is still there, you can use another formula:

=A1&", "&B1

If all you have is the cell with the result, you could use:

=substitute(a1," ",", ")

Stephie wrote:

> This worked perfectly, however, I now need to put a comma between the two
> names - i.e. currently I have Smith John in one cell, and need Smith, John in
> one cell. Is there a way to do that?
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>

>>You can't, you can concatenate 2 cells into one by using a formula and
>>ampersand
>>
>>=A1&" "&B1
>>

>>however stay away from merging cells, always cause more problems than what
>>it's worth and layout wise you can get very close without using it. I have
>>never seen a power user using merging
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Peo Sjoblom
>>
>>"Batmans_Wife" wrote:
>>

>>>I'm highlighting two cells in the same row, hitting format cells, alignment,
>>>merge cells and I'm getting the error message, "The selection contains
>>>multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most
>>>data only." I want to be able to make the two seperate cells one without
>>>deleting anything and without having to cut and paste.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jess12 on
That works except now i have a lot of spaces between the information. How
would you get rid of those spaces

From: Bob I on
Then use this instead.

=A1&B1