From: KTK on
I need to multiply the content of a cell by a number (e.g. 2) but have been
receiving the error message saying that there is a circular reference. Is
there a way out?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

In cell A1 I type the number 1.

In cell B1 I type the number 2.

In cell C1 I type:-

=(A1*B1)

This gives a result of 2 in cell C1.

Hope the above helps.

If it does please hit Yes.

Thanks.

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
you can have that number in one cell let's say A1 and then you want to
multiply everything in column B by that number

=B1*$A$1

copy formula down