From: mllasalle on
I have received a data base with members' names. Unfortunately the list has
the first and last name in one column. I will be adding names and sorting
names in alphabetical order. How do I separate the first and last name so
that I have two distinct columns -- one for the first name and one for the
last name? Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
From: Bob Phillips on
Look at Data>Text To Columns, with a separator of space or comma, depending
upon the original data.

--

HTH

Bob

From: FSt1 on
hi
an example of your data would have been nice but....
lets say we have Bart Simpson in a2
in B2 enter...
=LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2,1))
in C2 enter.....