From: Nilou on
Assuming

Cell A1 is the value "Red" or "Green" or "Yellow"

How could I have a formula on Cell "C1" containing Conditional formatin the
same as below

if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of A1 turns to red
if A1 is "Blue" then Bacground of A1 turns to Blue
if A1 is "Yellow" then Bacground of A1 turns to Yellow

From: Jim Thomlinson on
I assume that your statement
if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of A1 turns to red
should be
if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of C1 turns to red
???

Assuming that to be true
Select C1
Format | Conditional Formatting