From: LiveTwoHike on
It must be, because I can't believe there is not way to ignore (say
no) to a given update.

I can't find anywhere where it lets you ignore ALL the updates
presented in the update GUI (includeing the window presented after
selecting "View available updates".

I have to install at least on of the updates to get the rest to be
ignored.

Thanks
From: TMCVIII on
On Oct 26, 8:33 am, LiveTwoHike <moorma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> It must be, because I can't believe there is not way to ignore (say
> no) to a given update.
>
> I can't find anywhere where it lets you ignore ALL the updates
> presented in the update GUI (includeing the window presented after
> selecting "View available updates".
>
> I have to install at least on of the updates to get the rest to be
> ignored.
>
> Thanks

Click the Yellow Update Shield, click Custom (not Express) and uncheck
any/all updates you don't want. Check the box that say, "Dont tell me
about this update again", or words to that effect.

Hope this helps,

Tom
From: LiveTwoHike on
On Oct 26, 3:17 pm, TMCVIII <tmcv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 8:33 am, LiveTwoHike <moorma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It must be, because I can't believe there is not way to ignore (say
> > no) to a given update.
>
> > I can't find anywhere where it lets you ignore ALL the updates
> > presented in the update GUI (includeing the window presented after
> > selecting "View available updates".
>
> > I have to install at least on of the updates to get the rest to be
> > ignored.
>
> > Thanks
>
> Click the Yellow Update Shield, click Custom (not Express) and uncheck
> any/all updates you don't want.  Check the box that say, "Dont tell me
> about this update again", or words to that effect.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Tom

Thanks, that would be awsome, but there is no Custom/Express option in
the window that pops up when I click on the shield that shows up in
the system tray.

There is no right-click option either.

Where exactly is this Custom/Express option and how do get it to show
up.
Also, the update icon displayed in the system tray is not always the
yellow shield. Sometimes it is a rectangular MS logo w/ a yellow ring/
halo around it?

Thanks.