From: K_Macd kmacdonald "A_T" activ8 ''D O T'' net [ST OP] on
I know that this is probably not the best forum to ask this question but if
you try to drill down to technical support you come up with lots of
information, no solutions and not a real person in sight.
Since last October I cannot see any threads that I have responded to after
that date if I do a search on my Display name
When I tick for reply notification I have never received any and I believe
that my email address is being corrupted after I update it - possibly
dropping the .au suffix from the domain
Its not the end of the world but it would be nice to have full functionality

--
Ken
"Using Dbase dialects since 82"
From: Peter T on
It's not clear what you mean by "this site". You can post to the Microsoft
public newsgroups using a newsreader (eg Outlook Express or Windows Mail),
or any one of a number of web sites that act as mirrors to the Microsoft
newsgroups, or via Microsoft's own web site aka WebNews. It's not clear
which method your are using but fwiw the latter is probably the most
unreliable. Search barely works and I don't think the notify function has
ever worked.

Regards,
Peter T

From: Martin Brown on
K_Macd wrote:
> I know that this is probably not the best forum to ask this question but if
> you try to drill down to technical support you come up with lots of
> information, no solutions and not a real person in sight.

Where do you think you are?

I am seeing your post reflected on on the Usenet group
microsoft.public.excel.programming

And it has archives searchable from way back via Google groups. There
are plenty of live threads in this relatively high traffic group. About
ten new topics were posted today and plenty of replies to other threads.

> Since last October I cannot see any threads that I have responded to after
> that date if I do a search on my Display name
> When I tick for reply notification I have never received any and I believe
> that my email address is being corrupted after I update it - possibly
> dropping the .au suffix from the domain
> Its not the end of the world but it would be nice to have full functionality

I suspect you are subscribed to some poxy "service" that mirrors a part
of Usenet on the Web and pretends that the threads are its own.

Your msgid suggests that the disfunctional "service" in this case is
being provided by Mickeysoft. I suggest that you complain to them
directly although I would not hold your breath waiting for any reply.

Try
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/dir?lnk=srgmt&hl=en&q=microsoft.public.excel

To see what you are missing. Unfortunately Google groups tends to a spam
magnet and gmail a spammer haven these days so it tends to be saturated
with junk. A lot of people have *@gmail.com permanently killfiled.

Regards,
Martin Brown
From: Jef Gorbach on
On Mar 29, 11:32 pm, K_Macd <kmacdonald "A_T" activ8 ''D O T'' net [ST
OP] au> wrote:
> I know that this is probably not the best forum to ask this question but if
> you try to drill down to technical support you come up with lots of
> information, no solutions and not a real person in sight.
> Since last October I cannot see any threads that I have responded to after
> that date if I do a search on my Display name
> When I tick for reply notification I have never received any and I believe
> that my email address is being corrupted after I update it - possibly
> dropping the .au suffix from the domain
> Its not the end of the world but it would be nice to have full functionality
>
> --
> Ken
> "Using Dbase dialects since 82"
> "Started with Visicalc in the same year"

*shrug* about as reliable as any group of people sitting around the
coffee shop/library/etc chatting about a subject they enjoy. Are there
errors, mistakes, and the thankfully rare argument -- sure, on the
other hand its free, highly useful and above all, enjoyable.
From: Peter T on
"Martin Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Unfortunately Google groups tends to a spam magnet and gmail a spammer
> haven these days so it tends to be saturated with junk. A lot of people
> have *@gmail.com permanently killfiled.

I'm not aware of any spam ever making it's way to these groups via google
groups (not that a gmail account is relevant either way). Indeed
surprisingly little spam seems to get through fortunately. Plenty of regular
posters post via google groups (I don't but would as a second choice if not
using a newsreader) and many have a gmail account (I do).

Regards,
Peter T