From: Andrew Jensen on
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Daniel Rentz <daniel.rentz(a)sun.com> wrote:

> Hi Regina,
>
> Regina Henschel schrieb:
>
> Well
>
>> No, you cannot use xls, because the functions are not available in xls.
>>

> The functions can be written to the XLS format (Excel 2007 and 2010 do that
> too). Internally, all new functions of Excel 2010 are stored as "custom"
> functions similar to Basic macro calls, e.g.
>
> Name1 = _xlfn.AGGREGATION
>
> formula cell: =EXTERN.CALL(Name1,arg1,arg2,...)
>
> So, once we support these functions, we can also save them to XLS. Of
> course, Excel 2007 and earlier will not recognize them and show a #NAME?,
> but Excel 2010 can.
>

> Daniel

Well if we are gong to go to the trouble of all that then we should just
support the Excel ods format also...and maybe Google ods while we are at at.
From: Andreas Saeger on
Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Lars, hi Jonathon,
>
> Lars Nooden schrieb:
>> On 04/14/2010 08:14 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>> You can fix it temporarily by using the ODF plugin.
>>
>> http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/
>
> Is it already adapted to Excel 2010? How will the plugin deal with the
> new Excel 2010 functions?

Hi Regina and Lars,

It does not matter if ODF plugin is adjusted to Excel 2010 or not
because nobody will use it anyway.
Follow your link and read:
> Spotlight
>
> *
>
> ODF Plugin licensing has changed
> Oracle ODF Plug-in now requires a fee of $90 U.S. per user to obtain a Right to Use (RTU) license

I still get a free download from
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=ODF-3.2-WIN-G-F(a)CDS-CDS_SMI&Origin=ViewProductDetail-Start

Greets,
Andreas

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org