From: Charles on
Hi Dan

I have seen TS mentioned, but the price is prohibitive for us at the moment.
I'm looking for a way to use SVN if possible.

Charles

From: bill on
On Feb 9, 7:26 am, "Charles" <bl...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> I have seen TS mentioned, but the price is prohibitive for us at the moment.
> I'm looking for a way to use SVN if possible.

I am quite sure that the Redgate tool (can't remember the name) will
integrate with SSMS *and* can use SVN as the repository. I'd be
interested to hear what you find out on this front.

Thanks,

Bill
From: dvdtknsn on
On Feb 10, 2:48 am, bill <billmacle...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 7:26 am, "Charles" <bl...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan
>
> > I have seen TS mentioned, but the price is prohibitive for us at the moment.
> > I'm looking for a way to use SVN if possible.
>
> I am quite sure that theRedgatetool (can't remember the name) will
> integrate with SSMS  *and* can use SVN as the repository.  I'd be
> interested to hear what you find out on this front.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Hi,

The tool is SQL Source Control and it's still in its Early Access
phase, but you can sign up to try it out in the meantime:

http://www.red-gate.com/Products/SQL_Source_Control/index.htm

This integrates into SSMS and will allow you to commit changes made to
a development database to creation scripts in source control
(currently SVN, although TFS support will be coming soon). Let me know
if you have any questions.

Thanks,

David Atkinson
Red Gate Software