From: WLMPilot on
I am new to the 2007 version of Access. I have a table with three fields:
ID#, Last Name, and First Name.

When I am in the Design View and added all the fields and their captions,
each box outline is the same length. The current layout is a vertical
alignment for each box such as this:
ID# ____________________________
Last Name ____________________________
First Name ____________________________

I went to adjust the physical length of the ID# field and the other two
shortened at the same time. I only need a box big enough for 4 digits for
the ID# but as it stands, I could probably fit 30 digits.

How can I adjust the size of each box individually?

Thanks,
Les
From: Jeff Boyce on
Hold on, there! What difference does it make how much room the table
definition/design view gives you?

If you aren't doing so already, start using Access forms (rather than
working directly in/on the tables).

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Wayne-I-M on
Hi
Open the table in design view
Select the field
Input 4 into the Field Size row

Or - limit the number of digits
Input this into the Input Mask row
AAAA;;_

There are MANY question about input mask for Name - I tend not to use them
for lots of reason eg
MacAlpin
Mcapline
MaCalpine
MACAlpine
Mapline
etc
etc
etc

HTH
--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

From: Daryl S on
WLMPilot -

In Access 2007, the fields in design view automatically are grouped
together. If you ungroup them, then you can change the display size of each
field individually.

--
Daryl S

From: WLMPilot on
How do I ungroup them? I have searched the options available and the closes
thing I can find is UNBOUND.