From: Amin on
Hi i am about eating an inventory database for a small makeup store, however
thier product are many in terms of category and group. you have the lip
glosses , lip liners, eye liners and so many others like skin care stuff.
what will be the best way to arrange this data should i put all the product
in one colum or seperate them into their own columns. pls advice thank you
From: Jacob Skaria on
It is better to have 4 or 5 columns such as below;which would help to
summarize information based on category,group etc;

Category
Group
Product name
Product code
Price

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: ozgrid.com on
Excel works best with data laid out in table format, i.e row 1 for headers
and contiguous data beneath.
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelSpreadsheetDesign.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Amin on
Hi thanks for the advice but i still need some help here.

My data is in columns but am particular with the items how they should go
into the sheet. Now we have more than 100 make up items. hould i have all
into one column? and have a grouping column and category column as well or
which. to help you help me check this eg. Lip items under berries,
LIP STICK LIP LINER LIP GLOSS
Apple berry d berry berry sparkle
rich fig plum berry sugarberry

there are other lip items under chocholates, metals, neutrals and so on. now
i wanted to have all items in one column then a column for them to be grouped
as well as categories. any assistance will be apprecated.

the above all falls under berries