From: nataraj on

Hi ,

I got EEPROM read and write routine.I am able to read all the content
of EEPROM(93C46).
Also able to write new MAC id in the EEPROM.

Now i got blank EEPROM in the RTL8139, when power up and Read any
register of RTL8139,
I am getting 0xff back.Also EEPROM read and write are also failing.

my question is how to program blank EEPROM in RTL8139C.Is there any
extra configuration are required?

Thanks,
Nataraj

Reply ยป

From: ynotssor on
"nataraj" <nataraj.salimath(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> I got EEPROM read and write routine.I am able to read all the content
> of EEPROM(93C46).

And of course you kept a copy of it?

> Also able to write new MAC id in the EEPROM.

Why would you want to do that?

> Now i got blank EEPROM in the RTL8139, when power up and Read
> any register of RTL8139, I am getting 0xff back.Also EEPROM read
> and write are also failing.

Sounds like "the sorcerer's apprentice" again. What "routine" are you using?
From: nataraj on
Dear Sir,

I have stored contents of working card.Now i got blank EEPROM.There is
socket in RTL chip.I need to program blank EEPROM now.I am using
standard write function to the EEPROM.

I tried the loading stored content to config register by putting
command register(0x50) into config mode.That also not working.

Please let me know is there any extra configuration are required?

Thanks,
Nataraj

From: ynotssor on

> Please let me know is there any extra configuration are required?

Help isn't available when you won't answer the question asked of you. What
"routine" (as you called it) are you using?