From: MikeJ on
I am currently using onMouseMove in the body of the parent document.
How can I continue to capture the onMouseMove even when the mouse is
over the IFrame area? I know I could simply write the functions into
the child document but I really need to keep to using the same
functions and accessing the save vars.

Thanks
Mike
From: MikeJ on
Just wanted to mention that like I said I would like to be able to use
the parent's functions, BUT - I know I can use
top.PARENT_WINDOW'S_FUNCTION();
this would mean having to check to see who is triggering the event and
then recalc for the offset in the X and Y (since it would be the X and
Y for the child document). Is there anyway to just trigger the parrent
document's functions and use the parent document's coordinates?

From: nick on
On Apr 21, 8:45 pm, MikeJ <no_spam_ple...(a)nothere.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway to just trigger the parrent
> document's functions and use the parent document's coordinates?

You could always position a 0-opacity div above the iframe, track
mouse coordinates with it, and get it out of the way on mouse down,
allowing the event to get to the iframe. It's a little hacky but it
should work...
From: MikeJ on
That is a very clever idea. If I (or another poster) can't figure out
how to do it - I will certainly try that. Thanks.